Vasilis Grivas was born in Lamia, Greece. He is an illustrator of children's and adults’ books. In his long career he has worked with many publishers and illustrated more than a 100 books and covers, in Greece and abroad. He is also involved with painting, participates in exhibitions and performs two solo. He also writes and illustrates his own stories, which have been published internationally.
In 2022 he made prints on linen, exclusively for the collection "Dassios S / S 22 campaign" by fashion designer Dimitris Dassios, for his collection spring-summer 2022.
He is a member of the Chamber of Visual Arts of Greece.
Participations & Exhibitions
2022 - International Reggae Poster Contest: First award.
2018 - Kishenev, Moldova: III International Contest of the Theatrical Poster
2017 - Slanted: Participation in the German design magazine
- Liverpool, UK: Art of Reggae exhibition (Awards by the 5th International Reggae Poster Contest)
- Chania, Crete: 100 Posters from Crete
2016 - Athens: BikeArt Exhibition in Technopolis of Gazi
2013 - Tate Publishing and Enterprises, LLC
- “Zaf, the Persian Cat”, written and illustrated
- “Cat’s Eyes”, illustrated
2012 - Sharjah International Book Fair, Ministry of Culture, United Arab Emirates: Participated with three artworks
- Spa & Spa Advertising Company, Udine, Italy
- Design for Hear Vision glasses for Rock Run Roll Company
- Stimulus Respond Online Magazine, UK
- Illustration for an article about modern cities’ architecture
2007 - Athens: Solo Exhibition in EOS Gallery
- Prenatal Diagnostic Center, Cytogenomic FA, Bucharest, Romania: Logo creation
2006 - Athens Voice’s Magazine: Cover and illustrated articles
2002 - Embassy of the United States of America, USDA Foreign Agricultural Service of the United States: Creation of brochure and logo for the agricultural department
1997 Lamia, Greece: Solo Exhibition in Davanellos Art House
Dream Chasers Magazine (vol 12, 2011)